Supergiant Games has announced roguelike action game sequel Hadas II For PC. It will launch in early access through Steam and Epic Games Store in 2023.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The first ever sequel to Supergiant Games builds on the best aspects of the original god-like rogue-like dungeon crawler in an all-new, action-packed, endlessly replayable experience rooted in the underworld of Greek myth and its deep connections to the dawn of sorcery
- Battle beyond the underworld – As the immortal princess of the underworld, you will explore a bigger, deeper mythical world, vanquishing the forces of the titan of time with the full power of Olympus behind you, in a sweeping story that constantly unfolds through your every obstacle and accomplishment.
- Master of Witchcraft and Dark Society – Infuse your legendary weapons of the night with ancient magic so that no one can stand in your way. Get even stronger with powerful boons from more than a dozen Olympian gods, from Apollo to Zeus. There are almost limitless ways to build your abilities.
- Mix with (more) gods, ghosts and monsters – Meet a cast of dozens of fully voiced, larger-than-life characters, including many new faces and some old friends. Grow closer to them through a variety of new interactions, and experience countless unique story events based on how your journey unfolds.
- Each run is its own adventure – New locations, challenges, upgrade systems and surprises await as you develop into the ever-shifting underworld again and again. Discover the secrets of the Arcana Alter, tame Witchy familiars and collect reagents using tools of the unseen to get closer to your goal.
- The Perks of Immortality – Thanks to a variety of permanent upgrades and the return of God Mode, you don’t have to be a God yourself to experience what Hadas II has to offer. But if you are one, you can brave escalating challenges for greater rewards and prove how divine you really are.
- Signature Supergiant Style – Rich, atmospheric presentation and storytelling fused with responsive action is the hallmark of Supergiant’s titles. Vivid new hand-painted environments, even smoother real-time 3D characters and an electrifying original score make this mythical world burst with life.
Come to early access
Getting player feedback through key phases of development was vital to the original Hades, so we plan to revisit that process once the game is next.
Watch the announcement trailer below.