Noël Sydney will light up the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney with an enchanting Christmas experience, with breathtaking installations, bustling Christmas markets, food stalls and food trucks, bars and nightly entertainment to get Sydneysiders and visitors excited for the festive season.
Noël Sydney is a new family-friendly Christmas celebration held over 16 festive nights from 9 – 24 December with spectacular lights, magical experiences, exciting food and drink experiences, with performances from David Campbell, Katie Noonan Trio, Bella Taylor Smith, Emma Pask and more .
Tourism Minister Ben Franklin said Noël Sydney will spread festive cheer from Macquarie Street to the Royal Botanic Garden, ensuring Sydneysiders and visitors have a festive season to remember.
“The NSW Government is bringing magic to the heart of Sydney, lighting up the Royal Botanic Garden and Macquarie Street in a fantastic display that is sure to bring joy and happiness to families across NSW,” Mr Franklin said.
“Attendees will be mesmerized by the LED Christmas Forest, serenaded by singing choir members, and can kick back and enjoy the nightly live entertainment and mesmerizing Skyshow.
“Noël Sydney has something for people of all ages. There are so many ways to enjoy the event, whether you’re taking part in the interactive workshops, watching the roving performers, singing along to the nightly family-friendly variety show or relaxing after the late-night shows. There is something for everyone.
“Christmas Sydney market stalls will give shoppers the opportunity to support small businesses from across NSW as they stock up on stocking fillers and gifts.”
Historic buildings along Macquarie Street will be bathed in light projections and captivating scenes inspired by the much-loved Christmas story, The Nutcracker. Visitors will be led along a festive light trail into an enchanted space with a forest of towering digital Christmas trees, surrounded by music, markets and delicious treats.
The Noël Sydney experience includes
- Christmas markets which will open for business at 6pm, at which time the Christmas Digital Forest will light up, with community choirs performing each night
- Something for all ages and taste buds will be available from food stalls and food trucks: with drinks available from the Noël Sydney Bar
- Workshops including Christmas wreath making, origami and decorations will take place every evening until 8.15pm
- A variety show with entertainment for the young and the young at heart will take place at 19:00
- The Noël light trail will be switched on from 19:30 with the best viewing available from 20:00
- The Christmas Skyshow will be presented twice a night from 16 December at 20:15 and 22:00.
- More acts for crowds to sing and dance along to on the main stage from 8.30pm to 10pm
- The Noël light trail with close visitors at 23:00.
The NSW Government’s Sydney in Summer event series includes OPEN FOR LUNCH, Noël Sydney and ELEVATE Sydney, underwritten by Destination NSW, the NSW Government’s tourism and major events agency.