Sylvester Stallone gives update on Bruce Willis’ condition amid aphasia battle

Sylvester Stallone has released a heartbreaking update on his longtime partner and co-star, Bruce Willis.

The “Die Hard” star’s family announced his aphasia diagnosis earlier this year, which forced him to retire from acting.

Speaking about Willis’ condition, Stallone, 75 – who has been friends with the “Armageddon” actor, 67, for decades – said he had “not known him” since his diagnosis.

“Bruce is going through some really tough times. So he became kind of incommunicado. It kills me. It’s very sad,” Sly told The Hollywood Reporter.

Aphasia is a condition that can affect a person’s ability to speak, write and understand language, with treatment including speech and language therapy, according to the Mayo Clinic.

Also Read :  ‘The Hours’ Turns Again, From Book to Movie to All-Star Opera

When the actor’s diagnosis was revealed in March, Stallone shared a heartfelt post on Instagram as he sent good wishes to his friend.

“We are going a long way, we are praying for the best for you and your beautiful family,” he wrote along with the couple’s many events.

Sylvester Stallone and Actor Bruce Willis arrive for Barbra Streisand's performance at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Grand Opening Weekend on November 17, 2007.
Sylvester Stallone and Actor Bruce Willis arrive for Barbra Streisand’s performance at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Grand Opening Weekend on November 17, 2007.
FilmMagic

The legends of the silver screen met years ago and soon got engaged in Planet Hollywood in 1991. The restaurant was also endorsed by Willis’ ex-wife, Demi Moore, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Also Read :  'Shoebert' the gray seal now starring in new children's book

Sly and Willis later starred in the movie “The Expendables” in 2010. The couple’s involvement in the film sparked a huge rift between them, which led to Willis pulling out of the third installment of the film.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis put in the time "Rocky Balboa" World Premiere - Arrivals in Hollywood, Calif.  in 2006.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis pose during the “Rocky Balboa” World Premiere – Arrivals in Hollywood, California in 2006.
WireImage for MGM

Harrison Ford was cast to replace Willis in the film, and Stallone appeared to celebrate the news, tweeting in 2013, “WILLIS OUT…HARRISON FORD IN !!!! BIG NEWS!!!!! I’ve been waiting for this for years!!!!! “…

The couple managed to get over their beef years later and have been good friends ever since.

Also Read :  'Grey's Anatomy' creator Shonda Rhimes on show's early rejection

In March, the actor’s wife Emma Heming, along with his ex-wife, Demi Moore, and their children, Rumer, Scout, and Tallulah, released a joint statement indicating that Willis was retiring. because of his health.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis appear in the scene "Consumables 2."
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis appear in a scene from “The Expendables 2”.
IMDb

“To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has had health issues and was recently diagnosed with aphasia, which affects his cognitive abilities,” they wrote on Instagram.

“Because of this and with great consideration Bruce is leaving a job that means so much to him,” they continued. “As Bruce always says, ‘Stay alive’ and together we plan to do just that.”



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button